You have questions, we have answers! If you cannot find the answers you are looking for please contact Christine Albertson at (970) 569-7755 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pink Vail, the world’s biggest ski day to conquer cancer, raises funds to ease the pains of cancer treatment and supports survivorship programming for ALL patients of Shaw Cancer Center in Edwards, a 501(c)3. Pink Vail raises awareness throughout Colorado, the country and the globe, uniting the many people touched by cancer who share a common love for skiing and snowboarding. Individuals and groups compete to raise funds through social media, email, and traditional means. Donors range from those who write substantial checks to children emptying their piggy banks – all with a common goal of helping people affected by cancer to become survivors. Friends cajole friends into supporting the cause and plan outrageous team costumes. Leading up to event, the town and storefronts are pinkified, banners are raised and the air is filled with anticipation.
100% of Pink Vail donations and registration fees benefits patient care at Shaw Cancer Center by funding our Spirit of Survival program, providing ALL patients the opportunity to receive free exercise training, nutrition coaching, emotional support, massages, acupuncture, outdoor adventures and much more. These unique services can dramatically impact a patient’s quality of life, but are not typically covered by insurance.
No. Participants can ski their hearts out or just chill on a deck and soak in the spring sun. The goal of Pink Vail is to raise funds for Shaw Cancer Center and have fun. If you've got that competitive edge, vie for one of the top individual or team fundraising spots and win incredible prizes!
- $25 - 12 years old and younger
- $35 - 13 years old and older
- Registration does not include a lift ticket
Participants are encouraged to help raise funds by asking friends and family to sponsor your ski day. The more you raise, the more prizes you are eligible for - and the more our community cancer center benefits.
If you raise $50 (registration fee + donation) then you will receive a Pink Vail commemorative baseball hat along with your Pink Vail credential.
No. You will need to purchase a lift ticket if you would like to participate in on-mountain activities. Keep in mind you do not need a lift ticket to participate. For your registration fee you can join us at Golden Peak where we will have our Pink Vail Headquarters and a day full of music and activities.
YES! Our generous sponsors give us their products and we give them to you as prizes. Here's how you can win:
$50+ PINK VAIL COMMEMORATIVE BASBEBALL HAT
- When you raise $50 (registration fee + donation) you will receive a complimentary Pink Vail commemorative baseball hat.
- When you raise $500 you will receive an official Pink Vail water bottle.
- You and a friend are invited to join us for a VIP evening reception on Wednesday, March 21 at the Four Seasons in Vail.
- As a Superstar, you will also receive an official Pink Vail Helly Hansen fleece and Pink Vail goody bag.
Also, you and a friend will have all-day access to complimentary food and drinks at the Superstar tent at the base of Golden Peak at Pink Vail on March 24.
- You and a friend are invited to join us for a special First Tracks on Vail Mountain, Monday March 26. Be the first on the mountain and enjoy a complimentary breakfast with our Shaw doctors, staff and Jack Eck.
TOP 15 INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISERS
- The 2017 top fundraiser raised over $20,000. This participant received an Epic Ski Pass + $150 Helly Hansen gift card + a Lodging gift certificate.
- The 15th place top fundraiser received a $150 Helly Hansen gift card + Maui Jim gift card. Prizes vary based on sponsor donations.
TOP FUNDRAISING TEAMS
- 2017 top fundraising team received a $400 Larkspur gift card for a team gathering.
TOP PAVEMENT POUNDER:
- This prize is given to the participant with the most number of donations, not the highest dollar, but the most actual donations, because every donation counts!
BEST COSTUMES: CHILD & ADULT CATEGORY
- That's right, we have a panel of judges to determine the best family-friendly costumes! So be creative and fun and you could be our costume winner!
MOST SPIRITED TEAM
- Show us your team spirit and you can be eligible for a team prize.
CHECKPOINT CHALLENGE DRAWING WINNERS
- Visit each Pink Vail deck and drop your name into each deck bucket for an end-of-day drawing.
- Winnings include spa treatments, Helly Hansen gift cards, Zeal Optics goggles, Maui Jim gift cards, restaurant certificates, lodging, goggles, Northside gift cards and more!
Check out the prize board on March 24 at Pink Vail Headquarters to see if you are a winner!
There is not a limit to the number of people per team. You can have as many as you want. The more the merrier!
Funds raised, stay local for Shaw Cancer Center in Edwards, CO. 100% of Pink Vail donations and registration fees benefit all patients at Shaw Cancer Center through enhancements to patient care and by funding our Spirit of Survival program, providing ALL patients the opportunity to receive free exercise training, nutrition coaching, emotional support, massages, acupuncture, outdoor adventures and much more. These unique services can dramatically impact a patient’s quality of life, but are not typically covered by insurance.
In 2017, the Spirit of Survival program provided patients with:
2,715 Fitness Sessions
267 Wellness & Exercise Classes (meditation, tai chi, Pilates, yoga, stretch & relax, restorative yoga)
1297 Counseling Sessions
734 Massage, Reiki and Acupuncture Sessions
429 Nutrition Consultations
50 Patients have participated in the Slim for Survival program
500+ patients participated in Group Snowshoes, Cooking Demos, Art & Pottery Classes, Hikes, Events and Educational Lectures
Once you register, we ask that you help raise funds. Just like asking someone to sponsor your walk or run event, you are asking friends and family to sponsor your ski day. Send e-mails, make phone calls, post on Facebook with a link to your Pink Vail profile page or knock on doors—you’ll be amazed at how generously people will support you and this great cause!
To ensure all donations are counted towards team and individuals goals, the money must be physically collected and submitted at the Pink Vail Headquarters tent at Golden Peak by 12:00 PM on the day of the event. Any offline donations that are waiting to come in will NOT be counted towards your individual or team goal if they have not be received by 12 noon on the day of the event. Any donations received after 12:00 PM will be accepted, but will not count towards individual or team goals.
Although your efforts are super appreciated, prizes will only be awarded based on dollars received by noon the day of the event. If you still anticipate money coming in after the day of the event, that is great and we can still accept it, but it will not count toward your fundraising goals or prizes awarded.
Checkpoint Challenge is a fun deck-to-deck ski experience between 10:00AM - 2:00PM. Visit all three themed decks around Vail Mountain and fill out a Pink Vail ticket along with a hole punch on your credential for a chance to win great prizes at the end of the day! Prizes will be chosen after the decks close at 2:00pm. Check out the prize board at Pink Vail Headquarters in Golden Peak to see if you are a winner!
Yes! Nearly 300 volunteers are needed to support Pink Vail. To learn more, visit our volunteer page!