You have questions, we have answers! If you cannot find the answers you are looking for please contact Christine Albertson at (970) 569-7755 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pink Vail, the world’s biggest ski day to conquer cancer, raises funds to ease the pains of cancer treatment and supports survivorship programming for patients of Shaw Regional Cancer Center in Edwards, a 501(c)3. Pink Vail raises awareness throughout Colorado, the country and the globe, uniting the many people touched by cancer who share a common love for skiing and snowboarding. Individuals and groups compete to raise funds through social media, email, and traditional means and at launch parties. Donors range from those who write substantial checks to children emptying their piggy banks – all with a common goal of helping people affected by cancer to become survivors. Friends cajole friends into supporting the cause and plan outrageous team costumes. Leading up to event, the town and storefronts are pinkified, banners are raised and the air is filled with anticipation.
Pink Vail proceeds benefit all patients at Shaw Regional Cancer Center through improvements to patient care and by funding our Spirit of Survival program, providing all patients the opportunity to receive free exercise training, nutrition coaching, emotional support, massages, acupuncture, outdoor adventures and much more. These unique services can dramatically impact a patient’s quality of life, but are not typically covered by insurance.
No. Participants can ski their hearts out or just chill on a deck and soak in the spring sun. The goal of Pink Vail is to raise funds for Shaw Regional Cancer Center and have fun. If you've got that competitive edge, vie for one of the top individual or team fundraising spots and win incredible prizes!
Registration is $25 per person, no matter the age, and includes event credentials (lift tickets are not included). Participants are encouraged to raise funds by asking friends and family to sponsor your ski day. The more you raise, the more prizes you are eligible for - and the more our community cancer center benefits. If you make it to $50 then you will receive a Bula knit hat along with your Pink Vail credential.
No. You will need to purchase a lift ticket if you would like to participate in on-mountain activities. Keep in mind you do not need a lift ticket to participate. For your $25 registration fee you can join us at Golden Peak where we will have our Pink Vail Headquarters and a day full of music and activities.
YES! Our generous sponsors give us their products and we give them to you as prizes. Here's how you can win:
PINK VAIL BULA BEANIE ($50):
- When you raise $50 ($25 registration and $25 donation) you will receive a complimentary signature Pink Vail Bula beanie.
SUPERSTARS ($1,000): When you raise $1,000 in donations, you become a Superstar.
- Superstars receive an official Pink Vail Helly Hansen fleece and more.
TOP 15 INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISERS:
- 2016 top fundraiser raised over $20,000 and received an Epic Ski Pass + Helly Hansen $150 gift card + a Lodging gift certificate.
- The 15th place top fundraiser received a $150 Helly Hansen gift card + Maui Jim gift card. Prizes vary based on sponsor donations.
TOP 3 FUNDRAISING TEAMS:
- 2016 top fundraising team received a $400 Chop House gift card for a team gathering.
TOP PAVEMENT POUNDER:
- This prize is given to the participant with the most number of donations, not the highest dollar, but the most actual donations, because every donation counts!
BEST COSTUMES: CHILD & ADULT CATEGORY: That's right, we have a panel of judges to determine the best family-friendly costumes! So be creative and fun and you could be our 2017 costume winner!
- 2016 best adult costume received a $150 Helly Hansen gift card + a Maui Jim gift card.
- 2016 best child costume received a $100 Rimini gift card. Prizes vary.
- 2016 most spirited team won a WECMRD Team Party! Prizes vary.
- Winnings include spa treatments, Helly Hansen gift cards, Zeal Optics goggles, Maui Jim gift cards, restaurant certificates, lodging, goggles, Northside gift cards and more!
There is not a limit to the number of people per team. You can have as many as you want. The more the merrier!
Funds raised, stay local for Shaw Regional Cancer Center in Edwards, CO. Pink Vail proceeds benefit all patients at Shaw Regional Cancer Center through improvements to patient care and by funding our Spirit of Survival program, providing all patients the opportunity to receive free exercise training, nutrition coaching, emotional support, massages, acupuncture, outdoor adventures and much more. These unique services can dramatically impact a patient’s quality of life, but are not typically covered by insurance.
Since 2012, Pink Vail has raised over $2.4 million to benefit all patients at Shaw Regional Cancer Center through enhancements to patient care, funding for our patient assistance fund and underwriting our Spirit of Survival program. Thanks to people like you, all Shaw patients have access to our unique Spirit of Survival program which provides complimentary services that can dramatically impact quality of life but are not typically covered by insurance. In 2016, the Spirit of Survival program provided patients with:
- 2,768 Fitness Sessions
- 450 Wellness & Exercise Classes (meditation, tai chi, Pilates, yoga, stretch & relax, restorative yoga)
- 583 Counseling Sessions
- 525 Massage, Reiki and Acupuncture Sessions
- 423 Nutrition Consultations
- 16 Patients have participated in the Slim for Survival program
- 1,000+ patients participated in Group Snowshoes, Cooking Demos, Art & Pottery Classes, Hikes, Events and Educational Lectures
Just like asking someone to sponsor your walk or run for a summer breast cancer event, you are asking friends and family to sponsor your ski day. Send e-mails, make some calls, and knock on doors—you’ll be amazed at how generously people will support you and this great cause!
To ensure all donations are counted towards team and individuals goals, the money must be physically collected and submitted at the Pink Vail Headquarters tent at Golden Peak by 12:00 PM on the day of the event. Any offline donations that are waiting to come in will NOT be counted towards your individual or team goal if they have not be received by 12 noon on the day of the event. Any donations received after 12:00 PM will be accepted, but will not count towards individual or team goals.
Although your efforts are super appreciated, prizes will only be awarded based on dollars received by noon the day of the event. If you still anticipate money coming in after the day of the event, that is great and we can still accept it, but it will not count toward your fundraising goals or prizes awarded.
Checkpoint Challenge is a fun deck-to-deck ski experience between 10:00AM - 2:00PM. Visit all three themed decks around Vail Mountain and fill out a Pink Vail ticket along with a hole punch on your credential for a chance to win great prizes at the end of the day! Prizes will be chosen after the decks close at 2:00pm. Check out the prize board at Pink Vail Headquarters in Golden Peak to see if you are a winner!
Yes! Nearly 300 volunteers are needed to support Pink Vail. To learn more, visit our volunteer page!